I really like the vCenter Mobile Access Tech Preview!
One thing that kind of got me, was that the time zone cannot be changed from the guest interface.
So I started playing around with the back end… I’ve never used CentOS, of which the appliance is based on.
After a little playing around, I figured out what I needed to do.
- I sshed into my vCMA appliance
- View the contents of /etc/sysconfig/clock
- Use vi to modify the clock file
- I’m in the Central Time Zone, so I replaced the contents with:
- Save the file
- Restart the vCMA appliance
That’s it. The vCMA blue screen won’t show the updated time, but the vCMA phone interface will show the updated time on events.
Now when I’m viewing the events on my iPhone, I can see the actual time zone, and not have to adjust from Pacific Time to Central Time.